Thursday, June 12, 2008

Many Changes

Wow, things can change so quickly! We found out we will be expecting Baby Stockwell #3 on Jan. 19, which is my sister Molly's birthday. Although the doctor knows I will probably be far from still pregnant on that date, we are hoping to at least get this baby to full term. I've already been told I will hit bedrest around 30 wks. (right before Thanksgiving). Part of me is looking forward to the idea of skipping the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, but really what it does is just move mine closer. I have to get it all done this summer and fall.
Some days I'm really excited for this baby and other days I'm kind of scared...I mean 3 kids under 3--what were we thinking???? Actually, we know this is God's timing and pretty much how we pictured it ourselves. We wanted our kids to grow up close, be friends, and experience so many things in life together...and, they will! We couldn't have asked for God to bless us any more.
Everything else has been going pretty well. This summer I'm watching a couple kids a few days a week, which isn't bad and I know it's short term so I can get through it. Fortunately, the kids (mine and the kids I watch) have been great! It will be weird in the fall to just have my own b/c I'm so used to always having other kids around.
Brooklyn is always getting more mature in so many ways. Even though we're still kind of in a "whiny" phase with her, she has more up moments than down. I can't definitely tell the influence I have on her, which is scary at times. The other day I was upstairs and she was downstairs with Camden. I heard her say, "Wow Camden! That's so crazy. That's cool, Camden!" And lately, as we've put her to bed, as we leave the room she tells us to have sweet dreams. I'm sure we've said that to her before, but not on a consistent basis...where do they get this stuff??? Brooklyn's favorite thing to do this summer has been to go outside with Cade after her bath and help him water the flowers. She has her own little bucket and they have quite a routine! She loves to play basketball, or "do shots" as she calls it, afterwards in the backyard!
Camden is our little man. So hilarious, for the most part laid-back, but can throw himself into a fit in seconds, which is weird because I didn't ever feel Brooklyn really do that. He's walking all along everything and can stand by himself and has even taken a few steps on his own, but he's not quite there yet. He loves the pool and yesterday he even kept trying to just put his face in...it was so funny and he was so proud!
Cade is loving his new job and I can tell he is pouring himself and his heart into the church. He really desires to see people connected and making that effort to get involved. I'm really proud of him for being willing to follow God as he led us to TPCC (in terms of a "job"), and we are realizing more and more that it was His perfect timing.
Well, we look forward to a great summer! We are heading to Great Wolf Lodge for an overnight in July as well as a week in Myrtle Beach...both vacations with family! Brooklyn is also going to her first "sleepover" (I'll be going too) at the end of June. Always something new, always something fun!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

That's hilarious...Isaiah surprised us with "Thank you, sweetheart" out of the blue, unprovoked one day. Another time, without any prompting, he exclaimed, "Barack Obama"! We were rolling on the floor.